Home > Switchable Graphics > Switchable Graphics In T400

Switchable Graphics In T400

Contents

Top Profile Reply with quote brucehe Post subject: Re: T400 switchable graphics difficultiesPostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:07 am Offline Junior Member Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:25 pm Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by exhortjump, Nov 29, 2008. just the Intel GFX is a lot better. Please help solved factory the Lenovo ThinkPad I for the darn password please help need mytl solved confused about lenovo graphics card - help please Can't find your answer ? Check This Out

Use the link to 'message the moderators' below to tell them. i guess i better look for a notebook that has decent battery life without switchable graphics then . When on Intel graphics, the laptop screen is identified as the primary screen. Under Linux, the switching so far had to be done by entering BIOS setup and changing between "Internal" (low power, integrated), "External" (high performance, discrete) or "Switchable" (OS selectable) options.

Thinkpad T400 Graphics Card Upgrade Possible

i see no point in paying extra for a feature that i don't want. I guess I could replace it as it is probably a few bucks on Ebay.Thanks,BruceEdit: Ordered a new CMOS battery $11, doubtful but hopeful _________________ T60p T7600 UXGA IPS (me) , DonihammerNov 1, 2015, 2:59 AM Ok so when i find my serial what should i do with it how to find info for my laptop? i install ati driver but it only comes with ati install manager but when it installs i dont see any driver in device manager i dont see catalyst control center or

Top Kudoed Posts Subject kudos Re: Privacy and Data Confidentiality for Notebook sent in for service 3 Re: Uninstall Lenovo Service Bridge on my T420? 3 Re: T450S and Pro Dock All rights reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Browser Compatibility Log in or Sign up NotebookReview Home Forums > Notebook Manufacturers > Lenovo > T400 switchable graphics - how Precautions When Photoshop CS4 is running, you cannot switch. Check the system at www.lenovo.com in their support section.

I was not sure whether the black screen happened at windows or at boot. What Is Switchable Graphics The other way it so check with Lenovo for your serial #, there should be a way to find your original configuration. because i dont really know how. Options Mark as New Bookmark Subscribe Subscribe to RSS Feed Highlight Print Email to a Friend Report Inappropriate Content ‎08-15-2008 02:26 AM If T400 has switchable graphics then why you can

Don't want to use them, then lock it to discrete or integrated in the BIOS and be done with it. You can do that by adding the following line to /etc/fstab: none /sys/kernel/debug debugfs defaults 0 0 After mounting that you can now access /usr/kernel/debug/vgaswitcheroo/switch. Newer Than: Search this thread only Search this forum only Display results as threads Useful Searches Recent Posts More... For one, you don't need to buy a T400 with discreet graphics.

• Can it be sensing the sick ATI gpu and trying to access it?
  • thinkwiki: http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Switchable_Graphics please report your findings!
  • jayant, Feb 13, 2017, in forum: Sager and Clevo Replies: 8 Views: 330 jayant Feb 22, 2017 MSI Z70 switchable graphics issue (updated drivers by accident, can't use R9 gpu) robbo_tha_yobbo1,
  • Your avoiding a feature that is completely optional.
  • I installed a fresh copy of W7 and installed the drivers per viewtopic.php?f=45&t=117911&p=758293&hilit=switchable+graphics+t400#p758299After setting BIOS to Switchable graphics, OS switchable graphics on, and then installing the Intel driver, power management driver

What Is Switchable Graphics

Monitor not communicating? http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-2375864/t400-switchable-graphics-bios.html It is still a mystery why the BIOS flips GPU types on its own.Bruce _________________ T60p T7600 UXGA IPS (me) , T60 XGA X1300 (wife), X201 w/200s lid, HP 8710w IPS Thinkpad T400 Graphics Card Upgrade Possible Any assistance is appreciated.Bruce _________________ T60p T7600 UXGA IPS (me) , T60 XGA X1300 (wife), X201 w/200s lid, HP 8710w IPS multimedia, X220 IPS 8GB 160GB Intel SSD, Yoga 2 10 Switch Graphics Nintendo More information and download of source and binary available here: http://entropicassembly.com/thinkpadgraphics/ ThinkPad models which may have this feature R400 T400, T500, T510i, T420, T420s, T520, T430s W500, W520, W530 Retrieved from

It continued to give a black screen on startup of W7. his comment is here I wish to run my system on the integrated graphics mode and get a healthy battery life (3 hours is a bit low for my requirements). solved Graphics card or monitor problem...please help! i'm sticking to linux or xp, which i already own an extra copy of. Lenovo T400 Specs

All rights reserved.REDDIT and the ALIEN Logo are registered trademarks of reddit inc.πRendered by PID 43967 on app-441 at 2017-04-07 03:37:28.909677+00:00 running 74b5743 country code: US. So to get optimal battery-life in Linux on ThinkPad with Optimus, you need to switch it off manually (or by a script). I just think that avoiding a computer because of something that is OS specific is dumb. this contact form Top Profile Reply with quote brucehe Post subject: Re: T400 switchable graphics difficultiesPostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:15 pm Offline Junior Member Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:25 pm

It continues to hang. I have problem with graphics drivers, please help!!! see forums.lenovo.com/lnv/board/message?board.id=T400_series_ThinkPads&thread.id=9898 There are other issues if you want to use the switchable in XP, Windows 7, Ubuntu etc.

Ask a new question Read More Laptops Graphics Thinkpad Related Resources solved Lenovo Y410P laptop definitely not performing as it should, graphics card problem?

HELP PLEASE (and other problems) Lenovo X260 Thinkpad fan constantly 100%. The differences are easy enough for a bright person to figure out in short order. Unfortunately, the gpu is soldered onto the motherboard, so you will need to get a replacement board. _________________Current Thinkpads: W530 (functional classic keyboard mod), X301, T61, T60, T43, T23, 600X, 770Other: X6x Tablet ThinkPad X2/X3/X4x Series incl.

See the solution Topic options Subscribe to RSS Feed Mark Topic as New Mark Topic as Read Float this Topic for Current User Bookmark Subscribe Printer Friendly Page Luxavius Fanfold Paper permalinkembedsavegive goldaboutblogaboutsource codeadvertisecareershelpsite rulesFAQwikireddiquettemod guidelinescontact usapps & toolsReddit for iPhoneReddit for Androidmobile websitebuttons<3reddit goldredditgiftsUse of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy. © 2017 reddit inc. nor am i wililng to use vista. navigate here hang-the-9Oct 29, 2015, 1:48 PM Not all T400 models have an ATI video card.

If you want a T400 with discreet graphics and use it....YOU CAN! I set the BIOS for discrete and the VGA output showed a distorted signal of what was happening during boot up, none readable. I have this question too 0 Kudos Reply zachman123 SCSI Port Posts: 56 Registered: ‎08-12-2008 Location: Michigan Message 2 of 7 (3,871 Views) Re: T400 switchable graphics? Here are the latest W7 32-bit and 64-bit drivers for the T400 that may get your switchable graphics working correctly.

Since the system shows no screen even at the bios level when discrete mode is selected, the ati gpu is likely dead. srunni, Nov 30, 2008 #10 (You must log in or sign up to reply here.) Show Ignored Content Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next > Loading... Switchable graphics means that these both are always available... An initial version of a new driver (vga_switcheroo) has been merged in the 2.6.34 kernel.

Side effect is it also allows hot-swapping graphics subsystems; which opened the door to hybrid graphics.